How To Install & Use
1) Download and install “AutoHotKey“
2) Save the above file to your desktop.
3) Don’t customize it just yet. Right-click the above file on your desktop, and say “Run Script”.
4) All of the “keywords” in the above file will be loaded into memory. Try typing the text “daph” into your browser window, and either hit tab, or enter or space. You will see that the text will get replaced by the URL, “http://DigitalAccessPass.com”. If that happens, then that’s it! You’re all set.
5) Now go on and customize the above file with your own keywords. And after you’ve saved it, look for the green “H” symbol in your system tray (next to time in your taskbar), right click and say “Reload This Script”. AutoHotKey will load your newest version into memory.
6) Go on and be 1000% more productive then you were before, at least when it comes to typing 🙂
– Ravi Jayagopal
Q: What is the best blog software out there?
I have been using WordPress for maybe about 8+ years now, and have found it to be the very best blog software available.
A number of my own sites, including my blog at RavisRants.com is powered by WordPress.
Yes, there are others that might get a mention when you talk about “content management applications”.
But when it comes to the community support, number of plugins and themes available, extensibility and ease of customization, WordPress beats them all hands-down.
So I wanted to tell you about a PHP-based Sitemap Generation tool for WordPress that I use myself, to generate the sitemap.xml for my
The installation is very simple: Just upload the PHP script to the plugins folder, activate it through the admin control panel (“plugins”), and then through “Options > SiteMap” link, you can either generate the sitemap.xml and sitemap.xml.gz (gzip file) on demand, if not, the script will generate it for you everytime you add, edit or delete a blog post.
Very simple to install and works like a charm.
The script can also automatically notify Google of the change to your sitemap.
However, I still recommend that you first sign-up for a Google Webmaster account at http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/
Add your site, verify that you’re the owner by uploading a file (you’ll see how), and then once you’ve updated the sitemap on your site using the script mentioned above, log in to your
webmaster account, select the web site for which you just updated the sitemap, “check” the sitemap for that site and then click on “Resubmit Selected”.
That will instruct Google’s robots to come spidering your sitemap.
You can download the Free WordPress plugin at:
Skyrocket your productivity by making this your home page. Stay focused on what needs to be done and don’t allow a growing task list to distract you from the task on hand.
This list is securely and privately stored on YOUR computer using cookies. NO ONE else has access to it.
WebAlarm: Reminding you of the more important things in life (like turning off the the oven 😉
Well, I originally wrote it for myself.
There were any number of times when I had to remind myself to do something in a few minutes – like:
- Turn off the stove in 2 minutes
- Remove the bread or cookies from the oven
- Call someone back in 5 minutes
- Take the clothes out of the drier
- Go do the chore that my wife assigned me (because for the 10th time I just told her, “In a minute!” 🙂
And so on.
And most of the times, I end up forgetting, because looking for the nightly alarm clock and setting it for just a few minutes, is not very practical.
And most of the times, I’m working on my laptop, and wouldn’t want to get off my behind in the first place 🙂
So, I thought, why not have a web-based alarm, that will somehow interrupt me after a set period of time?
I sat down and coded it in about 1/2 hour, midi file, page copy and all.
Hope you found it interesting, if not useful 😉
And don’t forget to TURN UP your speakers when you set the WebAlarm 🙂
This is a tool that can allow you to quickly optimize your Adwords Keywords by adding ‘double quotes’ and ‘square brackets’ to your keywords.
It also de-duplicates keywords. So you can paste your existing keyword list from your Adwords account into this, and you can get a de-duplicated list with the different keyword options added to it.
You can also use it for new keywords, so that you can keep brainstorming new keywords without worrying about creating 3 versions of each keyword.
The name “Affiliate Link Cloaker” is just a fancy name to attract folks who are searching for those very keywords online.
Because this script is basically a “Link Cloaker”. And it can cloak any link, not just affiliate links 🙂
If it is not already obvious to you what this script can do, then see this page.