WebAlarm: Reminding you of the more important things in life (like turning off the the oven 😉
Well, I originally wrote it for myself.
There were any number of times when I had to remind myself to do something in a few minutes – like:
- Turn off the stove in 2 minutes
- Remove the bread or cookies from the oven
- Call someone back in 5 minutes
- Take the clothes out of the drier
- Go do the chore that my wife assigned me (because for the 10th time I just told her, “In a minute!” 🙂
And so on.
And most of the times, I end up forgetting, because looking for the nightly alarm clock and setting it for just a few minutes, is not very practical.
And most of the times, I’m working on my laptop, and wouldn’t want to get off my behind in the first place 🙂
So, I thought, why not have a web-based alarm, that will somehow interrupt me after a set period of time?
I sat down and coded it in about 1/2 hour, midi file, page copy and all.
Hope you found it interesting, if not useful 😉
And don’t forget to TURN UP your speakers when you set the WebAlarm 🙂